ATLAS (Attaining Truth, Love and Self-Control) of Osceola County
“A place to come when you don’t know where to turn…we are here to help those experiencing distress.”
Emotional, spiritual, physical, relational or other life issues are supported.
ATLAS helps those who are in need by
- Providing a welcoming point of contact
- By assessing needs
- By providing resources to meet needs and develop life skills
- By referring to other professional services as needed
Atlas of Osceola County 955 2nd Avenue Sibley, IA 51249 Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00 Phone: 712-754-4311
Please view the website for more information and to schedule an appointment.
Family Crisis Centers - "Building Hope One Life At A Time" Free and Confidential Services.
Serving Victims of Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault in Calhoun, Carroll, Crawford, Lyon, Monona, O'Bren, Osceola and Sioux Counties.
Family Crisis Centers provides the following:
- Hotline - a 24 hour service providing support, crisis intervention, general information, and referrals to various agencies. 1-800-382-5603 call anytime
- Crisis Counseling - assist individuals in identifying safety, resources, and options with advocacy with legal, medical and personal.
- Emergency Shelter - brief safehaven for victims and their dependents of domestic violence and sexaul assault. The newly constructed shelter has a bed and breakfast home-like environment.
- Emergency & Transitional - Housing for victims and their children who need a safe place to live for an extended period of time.
- Western Iowa Survivors of Homicide (WISH Unit) & Other Violent Crimes - Crime Victim Service Specialist assists family and friends through a very difficult time. Services available 24/7 ph. 712-899-6382
1-800-382-5603 CALL ANYTIME http://www.familycrisiscenters.org
Mental Health Services - Sioux Rivers Region
Crisis Text Hotline - Text Home to 741741
SAMHSA's National Helpline - 1-800-622-4357
Your Life Iowa - 1-855-581-8111 Text Line: 1-855-895-8398
Seasons Center - 1-844-345-4569
Plains Area Mental Health - 1-888-546-0730
VAPING/ADDICTION HELP /RESOURCES
Resources for Vaping/Addiction Help:
Do you need help finding your child a dentist, paying for services, a question or concern about your child's teeth or mouth? The I-Smile Program can help!
Other I-Smile program services include:
- Teeth Screenings
- Flouride Varnish Placement
- School-based sealant program
- School-based teeth cleanings
For more information about the I-Smile Program: ismile program
O'Brien County Contact: Cindy Partlow 515-573-4107 /888-289-3318 email@example.com
Jason Chester, LISW Psychotherapist
Sanford Clinic Sheldon - 800 Oak Street, Sheldon 712-324-5356
Seasons Behavioral Health Intervention Services
Seasons' Behavioral Health Intervention Services (BHIS) is a skill-based intervention program that focuses on reducing behavioral health challenges by teaching vital life-skills such as:
- Healthy Communication
- Anger/Emotion Management
- Coping Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Sustaining Attention
Services are provided to children and families in the home, school or other community setting.
Clinical Office - O'Brien County/128 N. 2nd Avenue, Sheldon IA 51201 Referrals/Appointments can be made by calling 1-800-242-5101
Iowa Office of Consumer Affairs (OCA) At NAMI Iowa / Statewide Children & Adult Mental Health Resource
"A program run by peers with personal lived experience with mental illness."
Offering free and confidential service to help with your mental health needs.
Resources to schools, parents and youth include:
- Provider information
- Guardianship questions
- Out - of - Home placement
- Support groups or classes
- Peer support
- Crisis referrals
- Covid-19 resources
For more information:
Other resources: From the O'Brien County Resource Directory 2019-20
- National Human Trafficking Hotline: Telephone 1-888-373-7888 or Text "HELP" to BEFREE (233733) if you need help or see something suspicious.
- Iowa Sexual Abuse Hotline: Telephone 1-800-284-7821
- Child and Dependent Adult and Neglect Reporting: 1-800-362-2178
- O'Brien County Department of Human Services: 712-957-5135
- Healthcare: Hawk-I (Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa) Medical and Dental : Telephone: 1-855-889-7985
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 En Espanol: 1-888-628-9454 Text Line: Text Home to 741741