September 10, 2020
Greetings Sheldon Community School Family,
I hope this communication finds everyone safe, healthy and well. The Sheldon Community School District received notification that we will be able to provide FREE MEALS (breakfast and lunch) to all students beginning on Monday, September 14 and we hope to run the program through December 31, 2020 (subject to available funding). The funding source we are accessing is the Summer Food Service Program, operated under the USDA.
So what does this mean …
- Breakfast and lunch will operate as they have in the past.
- No action is required of families to participate in this free meal program.
- Students will not enter their lunch ID and will not be charged for meals.
- Students will be charged for seconds, ala carte items and/or extra milk.
- All money that is currently in lunch accounts will remain in those lunch accounts to be used for student meals after December 31, 2020.
Even though all students will receive free meals at this time, we still recommend all families that are eligible for the Free and Reduced Meal Program complete that application at this time so you are eligible for that program when this current opportunity ends.
Feel free to contact the school district with any questions you may have.
Cory Myer, Superintendent