Dear Sheldon Community School District Students and Families, Staff and Community Members,
I would like to thank you for making the best of this extremely unique and challenging situation. While your efforts have been commendable, it is time to start planning for the end of this school year and looking forward to next year. Granted, we don’t know what August will bring, but it is my hope that this pandemic comes to an end and we are able to resume normal education in the fall. In hopes of that, we are going to end this school year on May 15 and move five instructional days from the end of this year’s calendar to next year’s calendar.
Here is a summary of important events and dates:
- Students last day of school is Friday, May 15.
Pick-up of Belongings at School:
- Elementary – Drive-thru pick-up on May 12 & May 13 from 3:00-6:00 p.m. – Mr. Groendyke will be providing additional information
- Middle School & High School Students – pick up May 18-20 – additional information will be forthcoming
- Student laptops - Students will be allowed to keep laptops for the summer. If parents would rather return laptop, it may be checked in during belongings pick-up.
- Prom – Thursday, June 18 (pending public health approval for large group gatherings)
- Awards Assembly will be conducted virtually in mid-May – additional information forthcoming
- Graduation - Commencement exercises on Sunday, June 28. In the event we still cannot have a large group gathering, our alternative date is Sunday, July 19.
- Summer Sports and Summer Theatre – Athletic Associations have indicated a decision would be made by June 1 on summer student activities
Orab Grab-n-Go Café:
- Meals will continue during May and June.
- We have applied for a permanent Summer Food Program and have been approved!
- Additional details about Summer Food Program will be provided in June.
2020-2021 School Start Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2020
I wish all of you a healthy, safe, and enjoyable summer.